The New York Giants squeezed under the $123 million salary cap on Wednesday be re-structuring the contracts of offensive lineman Chris Snee and punter Steve Weatherford, per Adam Schefter's tweet below.
Giants restructured contracts of G Chris Snee and P Steve Weatherford to get under cap yesterday.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 5, 2013
No word on precisely how those contracts were re-structured.
The NFLPA web site lists the Giants $3,202,466.00 under the $123 million cap. That, of course, is money that will come in handy should the Giants need to sign a veteran running back or make other roster moves.
More from Big Blue View
- Jason Garrett: Dallas Cowboys could match DeMarcus Ware against Justin Pugh
- For Giants, will 2013 season be like the others?
- NFL Picks Week 1: Game-by-game predictions against the spread
- Jason Pierre-Paul Injury Update: JPP still not sure he will play vs. Cowboys
- New York Giants' news, 9/5: Tuck shows respect for Romo
- Tom Coughlin: Giants remain 'work in progress'
- Andre Brown Injury: Running back officially to short-term IR
- New York Giants work out Beanie Wells, Jonathan Dwyer, among other backs
- Scouting The Dallas Cowboys: Defense has a different look
- Fantasy Football : Which New York Giants to start/sit in Week 1