For its Week 1 2013 NFL Power Rankings, the football gurus at SB Nation turned to the writers at all of the network's 32 team websites. When all the voting was done the New York Giants placed 12th overall in those rankings.
SB Nation writes:
Eli Manning's numbers came down a little from his career highs with the previous year's championship squad. The bigger concern is whether or not the defense can get back to threatening opposing passers the way it used to.
In all honesty, No. 12 is probably a fair spot to place the Giants as the season begins. They won a a Super Bowl two seasons ago and missed the playoffs last season. Truthfully, nobody knows exactly what we will get from this year's version of the Giants.
The top five teams are:
Your thoughts, Giants' fans?
More from Big Blue View
- Giants vs. Cowboys, Week 1 Preview: Regular season is finally here!
- New York Giants' news, 9/3: Weatherford + Rolle = great radio
- Tom Coughlin post-practice, 9/2: Injuries top list of concerns
- Victor Cruz expects to play Sunday vs. Dallas Cowboys
- NFL Predictions 2013: Giants go 11-5, win NFC East
- Giants' Injury News: Victor Cruz returns to practice
- SB Nation Q&A: NFC East division winner will be ...
- Giants' Practice Squad 2013: S Jawanza Starling signed to final spot
- PFF Preseason Review: Good news, bad news for Giants
- New York Giants Records: What marks could be set this season?