The New York Giants' NFC East rival, the Philadelphia Eagles, welcome back Andy Reid, their former coach of 14 years, Thursday night when they host the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday Night Football.
Game time: 8:25 p.m. ET
TV: NFL Network
After coaching in a town that was only hard on him, Reid now gets to come back to Philadelphia as the opposing team's coach for the first time.
The Eagles game against the Chiefs could have major repercussions for the Giants, although it is still early in the season. Currently the win-less Giants are a game behind the 1-1 Eagles, and they certainly do not want to fall two games back this early into the season.
Reid has been able to get off to a fresh start in Kansas City, starting off 2-0 and coming off a close win over another NFC East rival of the Giants, the Dallas Cowboys. The game against the Eagles marks the second game in a three-game stretch for the Chiefs against the NFC East, which ends next Sunday against the Giants at Arrowhead Stadium.
Tom Coughlin and the Giants know Reid all too well, as he has beaten them eight of the last 10 times they have played.
Before Reid worries about the Giants though, his focus will be on defeating his former team tonight. He may not say he wants revenge, but players on the Chiefs such as Jamaal Charles have said they would like to win this game for a man new to their sidelines as they know how important this game is for him.
"It means a lot, so I hope we go out there and play for our coach," Charles said to ESPN's Ed Werder earlier this week. "You know what I'm saying? I know he has a lot of love for his Eagles, he worked there a lot of years and he probably wishes he was still coaching there."
More from Big Blue View
- POLL: How many interceptions will Eli throw?
- Jason Pierre-Paul still searching for dominant form
- Giants at Panthers, Week 3: 'Five Questions' with 'Cat Scratch Reader'
- NFL Picks Week 3: Game-by-game predictions against the spread
- With pass rush missing, Giants could use a new plan
- New York Giants' news, 9/19: Tom Coughlin's brother dies unexpectedly
- Giants-Panthers Injury Report: Giants look healthy heading into Week 3
- Emotion? Giants' coach Tom Coughlin wants 'better play'
- Giants at Panthers: First look
- Fantasy Football: New York Giants Start/Sit Week 3