Only two players appeared on the New York Giants' injury report Wednesday as they begin practice for Sunday's critical game against the Carolina Panthers. David Diehl, recovering from thumb surgery, did not practice. Adrien Robinson, yet to play during the regular season due to a foot injury, was limited. All other Giants were listed as full participants in practice.
"I hope it helps. I hope it pays off. This is what you're after. You'd like to be able to have a full menu every week. Is that possible? Well, maybe not," said head coach Tom Coughlin. "This may be a week where, God willing, we have a good week of practice, everyone stays on their feet without getting in any trouble in that regard and perhaps that will happen. Perhaps we'll have some good choices to make at the end of the week."
Here is the Panthers' injury report.
Did Not Practice
CB Josh Norman (thigh)
CB Josh Thomas (concussion)
FB Mike Tolbert (knee)
RB Kenjon Barner (Foot)
LB Thomas Davis (leg)
DT Dwan Edwards (thigh)
TE Ben Hartsock (foot)
S Quinton Mikell (Ankle)
CB D.J. Moore (knee)
CB James Dockery (thumb)
LB Jon Beason (knee)
More from Big Blue View
- Emotion? Giants' coach Tom Coughlin wants 'better play'
- Giants at Panthers: First look
- Fantasy Football: New York Giants Start/Sit Week 3
- Giants need to re-write this tired script
- New York Giants' news, 9/18: Looking for the winning formula
- Victor Cruz: 'We've been in this position before'
- NFL Odds, Week 3: New York Giants 2.5-point underdogs to Carolina Panthers
- Fantasy Football World Reacts To New York Giants' Mess
- Reasons to Celebrate: It's Week 3, and this is the NFC East
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 3: Broncos retain No. 1 spot; Giants fall to No. 21