The most significant change on the New York Giants' depth chart heading into their Week 2 matchup with the Denver Broncos is one we knew had to be made -- Mark Herzlich taking over at middle linebacker with Dan Connor having been placed on injured reserve.
Newly-signed Brandon Jacobs is listed fourth on the running back depth chart. It would not be a surprise, however, if Jacobs plays significant snaps Sunday. Would the Giants start him, partially in an effort to draw an emotional reaction from the MetLife Stadium faithful? David Wilson, fumbles, missed blocks, messed-up screen passes and all, is still listed as the starter.
A couple of other notes that are not reflected on the depth chart. Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said Terrell Thomas is the team's slot cornerback. Finally, with his role at running back likely reduced, would it surprise anyone if Wilson returns kickoffs Sunday?
|RT||Justin Pugh||David Diehl|
|KR||Michael Cox||David Wilson||Jerrel Jernigan||Da'Rel Scott|
|PR||Rueben Randle||Jayron Hosley||Jerrel Jernigan||David Wilson|
More from Big Blue View
- New York Giants' Injury Report: Antrel Rolle questionable for Sunday
- Giants vs. Broncos Week 2 Scouting Report
- Spotlight: Brandon Jacobs returns to the Giants
- Allen Bradford: Get to know the newest Giant
- ANALYSIS: What do the Giants do at linebacker now?
- New York Giants' news, 9/13: Connor did not expect IR
- Thursday Night Football: New York Jets at New England Patriots
- Giants' Roster Moves: Dan Connor placed on IR; Allen Bradford claimed
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2014 nominees topped by Michael Strahan
- Giants vs. Broncos 2013: 'Five Questions' with Mile High Report