[Note by Ed Valentine, 08/31/13 11:01 AM EDT: First of the offensive line moves is now out there.]
Giants release OL Stephen Goodwin, according to source. #nyg— Paul Schwartz (@NYPost_Schwartz) August 31, 2013
[Note by Ed Valentine, 08/31/13 10:50 AM EDT: First known move is in. ]
Matt Broha is hitting the waiver wire. Should be a fun day tomorrow. #WhereIsHeGoing— William P. Deni, Jr. (@Bill_Deni) August 31, 2013
The New York Giants, and all NFL teams, have to be down to the regular-season 53-man roster limit by 6 p.m. ET Saturday. That makes today a nervous one for players on the roster bubble, and a brutally difficult one for Giants' decision-makers.
The Giants have hard choices to make at several positions. Those include running back, quarterback, defensive end and tackle, cornerback and safety.
Players likely on the bubble today include David Carr, Curtis Painter, Ryan Torain, Da'Rel Scott, Ramses Barden, Eric Herman, Marvin Austin, Justin Trattou, Matt Broha, Adewale Ojomo, Charles James, Trumaine McBride, Terrence Frederick and David Caldwell, among others.
From that group alone, it is obvious the Giants will be turning loose a good deal of NFL-caliber talent for other teams to snap up.
There are always a couple of unforeseen surprise roster moves. Who will be a surprise cut? Which player will unexpectedly make the roster?
Use this thread to follow and discuss all the roster moves. Follow cuts across the league at SB Nation's NFL Roster Cuts Hub Page.
More from Big Blue View
- Report -- New York Giants' RB Andre Brown out 4-6 weeks
- Fantasy Football 2013: Draft Strategy, Part 2
- With Andre Brown, Tyler Sash injured, which free agents are available?
- Giants' roster cuts 2013: Getting down to the 53-man roster
- Giants vs. Patriots Snap Counts: What can we learn?
- New York Giants' 53-man roster projection: Final version
- New York Giants' news, 8/30: Roster choices won't be easy
- Andre Brown Injury: Everything we know
- Patriots 28, Giants 20: Complete post-game coverage
- Patriots 28, Giants 20: Giants lose final preseason game