New York Giants' running back Andre Brown could miss 4-6 weeks with what has been called a "small fracture" in his left leg, Pro Football Talk is reporting. Brown was injured during the first half Thursday in the Giants' preseason finale, a 28-20 loss to the New England Patriots.
Despite the PFT report, nothing is yet official regarding the timetable for Brown's recovery.
I heard same 4-6 weeks for Andre Brown that @profootballtalk did. Nothing is official yet. Time frame could change after tests are completed— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) August 30, 2013
Brown's injury, and the reported timeframe for his recovery, leave the Giants in a tricky situation. Do they use the IR/Designated For Return tag on Brown? Do they IR him for the season? Do they just carry him on the roster, wasting a spot, until he is ready to come back?
This could move either Da'Rel Scott or Ryan Torain up in the pecking order. If Brown is indeed able to return fairly early in the season that may prevent the Giants from bringing in a free-agent running back.
More from Big Blue View
- Fantasy Football 2013: Draft Strategy, Part 2
- With Andre Brown, Tyler Sash injured, which free agents are available?
- Giants' roster cuts 2013: Getting down to the 53-man roster
- Giants vs. Patriots Snap Counts: What can we learn?
- New York Giants' 53-man roster projection: Final version
- New York Giants' news, 8/30: Roster choices won't be easy
- Andre Brown Injury: Everything we know
- Patriots 28, Giants 20: Complete post-game coverage
- Patriots 28, Giants 20: Giants lose final preseason game
- SB Nation Q&A: Tom Coughlin will leave on his terms