The New York Giants return to practice Monday to begin preparing for their final preseason game, which will be Thursday in Foxboro, Mass. vs. the New England Patriots. The Giants have many decisions to make in the coming days.
The Giants trimmed their roster to the league-mandated 75 players on Sunday. Teams must be down to the regular-season limit of 53 players by Saturday at 6 p.m. ET, so this week is critical for many players on the roster bubble. We will detail many of those battles for final roster spots throughout the week.
The offensive line is an obvious area where the Giants have a decision to make. With David Diehl and David Baas sidelined for several weeks with injuries, the Giants featured rookie Justin Pugh at right tackle and veteran backup Jim Cordle at center Saturday vs. the New York Jets. Head coach Tom Coughlin hinted Sunday that there may be more changes along the line this week after a less than satisfactory performance. That could mean Kevin Boothe to center and either Brandon Mosley or James Brewer to left guard. We find out today when the Giants practice at Quest Diagnostics Training Center.
With Stevie Brown lost for the season due to a torn ACL suffered Saturday vs. the New York Jets, the Giants have to shuffle their secondary. Most likely Ryan Mundy moves in alongside Antrel Rolle at safety.
You can also bet that general manager Jerry Reese is scanning the waiver wire for help, so let's see if the Giants bring in any veterans released this week by other teams.
More from Big Blue View
- Tom Coughlin Press Conference: Stevie Brown, offensive line among topics
- NFL roster cuts 2013: Giants release Aaron Curry, get down to 75-man limit
- Stevie Brown Injury: Torn ACL for New York Giants' safety
- Giants react to loss to Jets on Twitter
- Saturday Snap Counts: Big run for Kyle Bosworth
- Giants fall to Jets: 'Kudos & Wet Willies' Review
- New York Giants' news, 8/25: Justin Pugh assesses first start
- ANALYSIS: Five things we learned from Giants' loss to Jets
- Tom Coughlin: Offense 'disappointing' in loss to Jets
- Giants vs. Jets: Final score, recap, analysis, injuries, more