This has been somewhat of a whirlwind day for the New York Giants. There has been the Stevie Brown injury to deal with. There was the first round of roster cuts, trimming the roster to the league-mandated 75 players. There has been the aftermath of a poor performance Saturday against the New York Jets to sort out.
Giants' head coach Tom Coughlin, in a Sunday afternoon conference call with reporters, addressed many of those topics.
On Brown's injury:
"I feel badly for him. He’s worked hard. He’s prepared himself well and been in a position where he’s made a lot of plays for us. We will definitely miss him. We continue, that’s what we do."
On the play of the revamped offensive line:
"We didn't score many points. We did well on occasion and not so well on others. That's kind of the way it's been."
On the possibility of more changes in the offensive line:
"We'll see. I wouldn't say one way or the other. I'm not about to say what we're going to do there and you'll just have to wait and see."
On the possibility of moving Terrell Thomas to safety:
"The number one thing is to get Terrell Thomas on the field and get him to where he's playing well and his confidence is up and that type of thing. That has been first and foremost on our minds. Quite frankly, we haven't thought a lot about another spot for him other than getting him out there. Getting him confident, getting him playing again. He certainly is a talented guy and we'll do the best we can to utilize all of the talent that we have. ... We know he's a football player. We've had a couple of serious injuries here and we have to make sure that he's back, he's as close to 100 percent as he can be mentally and physically. If that's the case, we know we have an outstanding player."
More from Big Blue View
- NFL roster cuts 2013: Giants release Aaron Curry, get down to 75-man limit
- Stevie Brown Injury: Torn ACL for New York Giants' safety
- Saturday Snap Counts: Big run for Kyle Bosworth
- Giants fall to Jets: 'Kudos & Wet Willies' Review
- New York Giants' news, 8/25: Justin Pugh assesses first start
- ANALYSIS: Five things we learned from Giants' loss to Jets
- Tom Coughlin: Offense 'disappointing' in loss to Jets
- Giants vs. Jets: Final score, recap, analysis, injuries, more
- Terrell Thomas 'had a lot of fun' in return to action
- Giants vs. Jets final score: Giants fall to Jets in overtime, 24-21