Don't expect to see wide receiver Victor Cruz in the New York Giants' two remaining preseason games. That is the word from Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record, who was all over the Cruz injury news on Monday.
Cruz had a left heel contusion. Per Stapleton, the Giants believe it will heal with rest and treatment. Also per Stapleton, Cruz is wearing a protective boot (feel free to insert Antrel Rolle or Larry Donnell joke here, if you must).
During his Monday press conference, head coach Tom Coughlin would only go so far as he rule Cruz out of practice on Tuesday.
"We’ll see where he stands with that as the days go by. He probably will not practice tomorrow," Coughlin said.. "We’ll have to take that one as it comes."
More Injury News
Coughlin confirmed that center David Bass has an MCL injury and his status is "weekly." Coughlin said he has not yet determined how the Giants will re-configure their offensive line in Baas' absence. Vote in our poll and tell us what you would do.
Antrel Rolle, who injured his ankle during practice last Monday, could return to practice this week. "The projection is hopefully that we will have an opportunity to get Antrel on the practice field this week," Coughlin said.
Rookie defensive end Damontre Moore, who missed Sunday's game with a shoulder contusion, is "getting closer."
Fullback Henry Hynoski, still on the PUP list following knee surgery, "has been working very well," according to Coughlin. No word on whether or not Hynoski might be ready to start the season.
More from Big Blue View
- Hakeem Nicks 'felt good' in return to action
- New York Giants' Dan Connor solid in start at MLB
- Aaron Ross: 'I knew it was a pick'
- Fantasy Football: New York Giants Ready to Break Out
- Eli Manning: 'We've got to get better' in red zone
- Giants vs. Colts, Preseason: Snap counts data
- David Baas' Injury: What impact on offensive line?
- Justin Pugh: 'I think I did all right'
- New York Giants' news, 8/19: Tom Coughlin 'disappointed' in play on Sunday night
- Giants vs. Colts, Preseason Game 2: 'Kudos & Wet Willies' Review