A pair of fights near the end of practice livened up Day 2 of the New York Giants' mini-camp practice Wednesday at the Timex Performance Center.
After the second scuffle, which saw both players hit the ground, head coach Tom Coughlin screamed at his players to simply "execute the play."
The fisticuffs seemed extremely unusual for a no-contact practice held without pads or shells. Coughlin said after practice that "there's no place for that."
Here are a couple of other notes from practice:
- Wednesday seemed to be a good day for tight end Brandon Myers, who caught at least four balls from Eli Manning during 11-on-11 and 7-on-7 work.
- Hakeem Nicks did more Wednesday than he had on Tuesday, running some routes during 11-on-11 action.
- Jayron Hosley and Charles James each dropped punts during special teams drills. To make matters worse, the punts came from the machine and not from Steve Weatherford.
- Tyler Sash had a nice interception on a deep ball thrown by rookie quarterback Ryan Nassib. The ball was intended for Ramses Barden. Sash sliced in front to make the play.
- Coughlin said after practice that running back Ryan Torain has a hamstring injury.
The Giants are scheduled to have their final mini-camp practice Thursday morning. The weather is not likely to cooperate, however. With heavy storms are predicted practice is likely to be indoors.