If you could take one player off the Washington Redskins' roster and bring him to the New York Giants, who would it be? When we do 'Five Questions' segments I like to ask the opposing blogger which Giant he would like on his team. Today, I turn the tables a bit and ask you guys to select a Washington player.
To me, there are two obvious answers.
1. RB Alfred Morris -- Morris is tailor-made for the way the Giants like to run the football. The 5-foot-9, 219-pounder is a straight-ahead power back and, with apologies to Andre Brown, better than anyone the Giants have. Morris gained 1,613 yards as a rookie in 2012, averaging 100.8 yards per game. This season he is third in the league with 970 yards rushing while getting 5.0 yards per carry. I hate to remind you that while the Giants took running back David Wilson in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Redskins nabbed Morris in the sixth round (173rd overall). Wilson has 504 yards rushing in 21 games while Morris has 2,583 in 27 games. Aside from the production you tell me which back is a better fit for the way Tom Coughlin and Kevin Gilbride want to the run the football. Morris is also the perfect example of why drafting running backs in the first round is usually a mistake.
2. OT Trent Williams -- The stud left tackle made the Pro Bowl last season, his third in the league. This season he is +19.6 according to Pro Football Focus, the seventh-ranked offensive tackle in the league. He has allowed six sacks and 23 pressures. Giants' left tackle Will Beatty is -4.8, and has allowed seven sacks and 39 pressures. Williams could replace Beatty or allow Beatty to move to the right side with Justin Pugh going inside to guard or even center.
Other players might include wide receiver Pierre Garcon (75 catches) or linebacker Ryan Kerrigan (6.5) sacks. Some of you might even say quarterback Robert Griffin III, though I personally wouldn't go there. Did I miss anyone?
Vote in the poll and let us know which Redskins' player you would most like to have with the Giants.
- Giants-Redskins Scouting Report: Breaking down Sunday night's matchup
- New York Giants' news, 11/29: Players want Coughlin to return
- Film Room Friday: Antrel Rolle and a Dream Deferred
- Giants' Thursday Injury Report: JPP, McBride, Jacobs out of practice
- NFL Picks Week 13: Game-by-Game predictions against the spread