This is Strahan's second year on the ballot. He was a finalist last year, his first year of eligiblity.
Strahan was the 2001 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame All-2000s Team, a seven-time Pro Bowler and four-time member of the First-Team All-Pro team. Not only is Strahan famous for being Kelly Ripa's co-host every morning on "LIVE with Kelly and Michael," but in 2001 he set the single-season sack record with 22.5, which remains intact today.
Young, listed as a contributor on the ballot, remains a prominent part of the Giants' drafting philosophy to this day.
Andersen isn't know for being the Giants kicker; in his prime, he was knocking field goals through the uprights for the New Orleans Saints and the Atlanta Falcons, and being named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame 1st Team All-Decade Team in both the 1980s and 90s.
Andersen holds the NFL record for most field goal attempts in a season (36) and at one point had the single-season record for most field goals made in a season. Playing for New York back in 2001, he converted 23 field-goal attempts.
The other semifinalists on the ballot include:
- Steve Atwater, Safety
- Jerome Bettis, Running Back
- Derrick Brooks, Linebacker
- Tim Brown, Wide Receiver/Kick Returner
- Don Coryell, Coach
- Roger Craig, Running Back
- Terrell Davis, Running Back
- Ed DeBartolo Jr., Owner
- Tony Dungy, Coach
- Kevin Greene, Linebacker
- Charles Haley, Defensive End
- Marvin Harrison, Wide Receiver
- Joe Jacoby, Offensive Lineman
- Jimmy Johnson, Coach
- Walter Jones, Offensive Lineman
- John Lynch, Safety
- Karl Mecklenburg, Linebacker
- Andre Reed, Wide Receiver
- Will Shields, Offensive Lineman
- Paul Tagliabue, NFL Commissioner
- Aeneas Williams, Cornerback
- Steve Wisniewski, Center