Hakeem Nicks is still a member of the New York Giants since the team declined all offers for the free-agent-to-be wide receiver at the just-passed NFL Trade Deadline. Can the Giants sign him long-term? Offensive lineman David Diehl said Wednesday during an appearance on NBC Sports Network that he does not think so.
"Unfortunately, I don't see it happening," Diehl said. "I would love to see it. He is like a brother to me. He lived with me when he first got drafted by the Giants because we have the same agent. So I knew him coming out of college. But for the sheer fact that we just paid Victor Cruz, there is a lot of money to be had and Hakeem Nicks is a No. 1 receiver and someone is going to pay him that money."
What is it like to be the 'License Plate Guy?' Go on the road with the Giants super fan in this video as he travels to the Giants Week 6 game in Chicago against the Bears.
After three ACL tears to the same knee, Terrell Thomas is back and earned Defensive Player of the Week honors this week for his work against the Philadelphia Eagles. Thomas explains his weekly routine to the Huffington Post.
More from Big Blue View:
- Miguel Maysonet among players to work out for Giants
- Giants' LB coach Jim Herrmann talks about Jon Beason, more
- Can the New York Giants really catch the Dallas Cowboys?
- Terrell Thomas named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
- Giants vs. Eagles: Who gets credit for the win?
- New York Giants' news, 10/30: David Wilson's future still uncertain
- NFC East Notebook, Oct. 29: Nick Foles to start; Cowboys D historically bad
- Tom Coughlin's too old? Don't tell him that
- Hakeem Nicks will remain with New York Giants ... for now
- What Jerry Reese SHOULD have said about the 2-6 Giants