By virtue of their victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night, the New York Giants would no longer own the No. 1 overall pick if the 2014 NFL Draft were held today. The 1-6 Giants currently own the third overall pick, with the 0-7 Jacksonville Jaguars picking first and the 0-6 Tampa Bay Buccaneers second.
Sorry, Jadaveon Clowney fans. That would likely take the Giants out of the running for the stud South Carolina defensive end, expected to be one of the first two players selected in the draft next May.
There is, of course, no telling where the Giants will actually end up in the NFL Draft Order or which players will be on the board at that time. There are 10 regular-season games to play, and 6 1/2 months of evaluations to go before the draft on May 8. We know, however, that you love to speculate.
With that in mind, here is the current SBNation.com Top 100 prospects list. Texas A&M offensive tackle Jake Matthews is currently No. 3 and a linebacker -- yes, alinebacker -- is No. 4. That would be Anthony Barr of UCLA. For comparison, here is a look at the current SI.com top 40 Big Board.
More from Big Blue View:
- Brandon Jacobs death threats the worst of social media interaction
- New York Giants' news, 10/23: Rolle says Giants 'have to win out'
- NFC East Notebook, Oct. 22: Dallas' Tampa 1? Fred Davis on the block?
- Tom Coughlin: Winning makes corrections easier
- David Baas Injury: Starting center KO'd by knee injury this time
- PHOTO GALLERY: What winning looks like ... because I know you forgot
- Giants at Eagles 2013 Week 8: Michael Vick will start for Philly
- NFL Power Rankings 2013, Week 8: Giants No. 29 after victory
- Giants defeat Vikings, 'Kudos & Wet Willies' review
- Giants 23, Vikings 7: Five key plays