The MNF opponents' combined 1-10 record of futility is about to make history for the venerable prime-time program that debuted on ABC in 1970 before migrating to ESPN in 2006. The networks have televised 684 games but never one between teams with a joint winning percentage as low as .091 this late into an NFL season, the Elias Sports Bureau confirmed to the Pioneer Press.
The matchup at MetLife Stadium features 1-4 Minnesota against 0-6 New York in a Week 7 clunker for the ages. On Dec. 15, 1975, the Jets (3-9) visited the San Diego Chargers (1-11) and had combined .167 winning percentage -- the worst Monday night matchup until now.
NY Giants desperate for first win against Minnesota Vikings - NY Daily News
They have endured six weeks of nothing but losing, but the Giants refuse to give up. They have talked about still winning an NFC East they appear to have no shot to win and they have repeatedly, defiantly insisted that one win could spark a turnaround.
More from Big Blue View:
- Giants vs. Vikings 2013 Week 7: Game time, TV schedule, odds, online streaming, announcers, more
- Valentine's Views: 0-6 Giants should improve, but by how much?
- New York Giants' news, 10/20: Injuries continue to haunt Giants
- Giants-Vikings Injury Report: Brandon Jacobs questionable
- 2014 NFL Draft Watch: New York Giants currently have No. 1 pick
- Giants vs. Vikings 2013: 'Five Questions' with Daily Norseman
- Giants vs. Vikings Week 7: What to watch on Monday
- NFC East Notebook, Oct. 18: DeMarcus Ware a game-time call
- How to fix pass rush: Perry Fewell says 'whip somebody's ass'
- New York Giants' news, 10/19: Giants prep for Vikings