Head coach Tom Coughlin said Wednesday that it was "safe to say" that Wilson and Brandon Jacobs would be the primary backs.
Jacobs has carried 11 times for only 11 yards since being re-signed by the Giants to provide depth with Andre Brown on short-term IR.
"Certainly Jacobs can get more (snaps)," Coughlin said. "He did have a nice run the other day. When called upon, I think he's still a powerful guy that we're going to utilize in those short-yardage and goal line situations. I wish we had more of them."
The only other running back on the roster is rookie seventh-round pick Michael Cox and Coughlin indicated that Cox still "has to learn everything." Cox has returned two kickoffs this season, averaging 19.5 yards per return.
Wilson, who figures to play a higher percentage of snaps going forward, has 38 carries for 130 yards (3.4 yards per carry). He has caught two passes.
More from Big Blue View
- Giants' Injury Report: Ten players miss Wednesday practice
- Fantasy Football: New York Giants Week 5 Start/Sit
- Giants vs. Eagles: First look at Sunday's match-up
- NFL Odds, Week 5: New York Giants 3-point favorites over Philadelphia Eagles
- New York Giants' news, 10/2: The end for Chris Snee?
- NFC East Notebook, Oct. 1: Finding flaws across the division
- Giants' Roster Moves: Da'Rel Scott waived, Dallas Reynolds signed
- New York Giants' Offense: The great Kevin Gilbride debate
- Giants vs. Chiefs: Snap counts, PFF grades
- Antrel Rolle: 'This is a 12-game season for us'