We know that the NFC Least has left the New York Giants with a glimmer of hope despite their woeful 0-4. Before anything good can happen for the Giants, however, they need to win a football game. Have they forgotten how?
"I think so. I really do think so. I think that's probably gone on the course of those four games. We haven't had that feeling. We lost the first one, we lost the second one... it's easier said than done to get yourself out of that frame of mind," safety Antrel Rolle said Monday. "I consider myself as being extremely mentally tough and can pretty much overcome anything and I even find myself at times like, "man, again, are we going to do this?" I find myself doubting at certain times and, you know, I'm human. I wish I could tell my mind not to doubt but I'm human and it's going to happen."
During an appearance on WFAN Radio on Monday, former Giant Carl Banks said much the same thing:
"The Giants are in a place where they have to re-learn how to win football games," Banks said "I don't have a problem with how they played, it's just execution. Effort without execution is normally a loss, and I think that's what you saw.
"The individuals on this team, especially some of the young players, have got to understand the magnitude of the situation."
The Giants have lost nine of their last 12 regular-season games. They also lost their final three preseason games, so losing has become much more commonplace than winning.
"This is a 12-game season for us at this point, nothing that has taken place matters. The guys just have to believe again, we have to get that good feeling again as far as winning," Rolle said. "From this point on, I told the guys today, We just have to believe that we can do it. Once you train your mind and really believe it, not just tell yourself that you believe it but really actually believe it, that's when a lot of things are going to come together."
"I think a win would be big for this locker room and the morale and just get that feeling again," Manning said.
Around The Inter-Google
FOX Sports analyst Terry Bradshaw is still a believer in Manning and the Giants.
Everybody has an opinion on what is wrong with the Giants. Giants.com has gathered up a few of them for your enjoyment.
More from Big Blue View
- Giants' silver lining? They play in the NFC East
- What now for Giants? Finding out about the future, that's what
- Giants' Injury News: Defense, particularly secondary, nicked up
- Chiefs 31, Giants 7: 'Kudos & Wet Willies' Review
- New York Giants vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Five Key Plays
- New York Giants' news, 9/30: Fallout from a debacle edition
- Chiefs 31, Giants: What others are saying
- Eli Manning post-game-reaction: 'We're just not making many plays'
- Instant Analysis: Five things we learned Sunday
- Chiefs 31, Giants 7: Tom Coughlin critical of offense, special teams