Sharrif Floyd - USA TODAY Sports
The Tennessee Titans are up at No. 10 in the Big Blue View Community Mock Draft.
The 2013 Big Blue View Community Mock Draft is rolling along, and we have now reached the 10th overall selection. That means it is time for the Tennessee Titans to get on the board. Playing the role of Titans' GM is 'Shane-0.' His selection for Tennessee is ...
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Before free agency the Titans had a ton of issues to address. However they used their cap space pretty effectively to get some much needed help. With the signings of Andy Levitre, Delanie Walker, Shonn Greene, and Sammie Lee Hill, just to mention a few, the titans can strictly focus on drafting the best player available. Tennessee still needs to continue to shore up their O-line for the sake of Chris Johnson and the developing Jake Locker, but in my eyes it's just too early to address the guard position especially since the best one is off the board. A mid-round pick can be used on a guard and can still be an immediate starter (although less likely).
As for the selection of Sharrif Floyd, he's bottom-line the best player on my board. Although Sammie Lee Hill and even some Titans fans may not love the pick right now... they will (well maybe not Sammie). This guy is a borderline Top 5 pick depending on how Lotulelei's heart condition checks out. If this pick becomes reality in April it will be looked at as a possible steal.
[Related: Sharrif Floyd Prospect Profile]
Valentine's View: How you see this pick depends on where you have Floyd ranked in the defensive tackle pecking order. Jesse has him 18th on the Big Blue View Big Board. CBS Sports lists him fourth on its Big Board. This continues a huge trend toward linemen in our draft. The only thing I dislike about this pick is that it takes another player off the board at a position the Giants, despite the addition of Cullen Jenkins in free agency, might consider trying to upgrade.
BBV Mock Draft, Round 1
- Kansas City Chiefs -- , OT, Texas A&M [Explanation]
- Jacksonville Jaguars -- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia [Explanation]
- Oakland Raiders -- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah [Explanation]
- Philadelphia Eagles -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon [Explanation]
- Detroit Lions -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan [Explanation]
- Cleveland Browns -- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama [Explanation]
- Arizona Cardinals -- Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU [Explanation]
- Buffalo Bills -- Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU [Explanation]
- New York Jets -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama [Explanation]
- Tennessee Titans -- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida