With everything else that has been happening our Big Blue View Community Mock Draft has taken a bit of a backseat. Well, let's get back to it. We have reached the eighth selection of the first round, which means it is time for the Buffalo Bills. Our GM for the Bills is 'daddyzander.' His selection for Buffalo is ...
Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
Here is the explanation from 'daddyzander':
In this mock I have the Bills taking Ansah, the raw DE prospect from BYU. In an ideal world for Buffalo they end up drafting Geno Smith in this spot, but that seems more unlikely after his pro day. Ansah is a very raw prospect for a DE, but possesses pure athleticism you cant teach. As the Bills transition to their new hybrid defense this pick allows them to have another DE/OLB pass rusher to go along with Mario Williams who has experience being moved all over the line. The need for a QB remains, but there are none at this juncture worth taking No. 8 overall.
[Related: Ezekiel Ansah Prospect Profile]
Valentine's View: I'm booing this pick. Not because it wouldn't be a good one for the Bills, but because it does nothing for the Giants. Help me -- and the Giants -- out, people! Take quarterbacks! You know, the guys the Giants don't care about in the first round. Otherwise, a fine pick for Buffalo.
BBV Mock Draft, Round 1
- Kansas City Chiefs -- , OT, Texas A&M [Explanation]
- Jacksonville Jaguars -- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia [Explanation]
- Oakland Raiders -- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah [Explanation]
- Philadelphia Eagles -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon [Explanation]
- Detroit Lions -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan [Explanation]
- Cleveland Browns -- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama [Explanation]
- Arizona Cardinals -- Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU [Explanation]
- Buffalo Bills -- Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU