Full pads! Real football! Well, almost. The New York Giants are scheduled to don full pads for the first time in training camp for Thursday afternoon's practice at Quest Diagnostics Training Center. Practice kicks off at 1:30 ET.
Full pads does not mean full tackling, at least in the world according to Tom Coughlin. Giants' players will hit, but players will be expected -- as usual -- not to knock each other to the ground.
Here are a few things to watch today.
- How much will Hakeem Nicks, limited the past two practices with a groin issue, practice?
- Will Prince Amukamara and Rueben Randle renew what has been the best mano-a-mano match-up of camp thus far?
- Now that the pads are on will rookie defensive end Damontre Moore continue to get the better of first-round pick Justin Pugh? You have to figure eventually Pugh evens the score. Does that start Thursday?
- The run defense looked promising on Tuesday when the team practiced in shoulder pads. Will that continue?
- Which linebackers will step forward? Several have had their moments thus far.
[NOTE: If you are attending practice today, or any day for that matter, and feel like posting some of your impressions as a 'Fanpost,' please do.]