Hey guys! The folks over at Blogging the Boys are either way too negative or extremely drunk off the Kool-Aid. That's why I'm here at BBV, hopefully you guys can help me out. I'd like to get your thoughts on a couple of match ups that I'll be looking at tomorrow. I respect the Giants. My whole family in New Jersey are Giants fans. My family and I live in Florida. I'm a Yankees fan cause Im Italian and have lived in New Jersey for a couple of years when I was younger, but I am cast out when it comes to football haha. Anyways, here are the match ups I'll be following tomorrow.
- Cowboys offensive line vs. Giants defensive line: Tyron Smith and Doug Free return from last year, but they switched spots. Phil costa also returns but he was out for a couple weeks in the preseason. Our 2 new guards Mackenzie Bernadeau and Nate Livings should be better than Kyle Kosier who was old and hurt all year and Montrae Holland/Derrick Dockery.
- Off the street vets: JPP, Tuck, and Osi will probably abuse us if we pass a lot. Is Chris Canty playing? Who is your 4th starting D-lineman?
- Claiborne, Carr, and Scandrick vs. Nicks, Hixon, and Cruz: Nicks is a beast and so is Cruz. Carr should do better than Terrence Newman did last year. Scandrick will probably get owned by Cruz. Salsa dancing may ensue. But Hixon is the guy I'll be looking at. A couple of years ago he was looking beast. After the 07 season when Toomer and Tyree and all your WRs left, he was always making plays, but he kept getting injured. Now that he's back, and your #2 starter, I expect him to give Mo Claiborne fits early on. We haven't seen him in a while and he's a playmaker.
- Giants linebackers: With Boley Blackburn and the other lb (who is the other starter?) all playing last year and this preseason, your LB corps will be a strength. It's another position where you guys are always battling injuries. I look for them to be good in underneath and middle coverage, as well as run defense and covering John Phillips and James Hanna.
- Miles Austin and Dez Bryant vs Webster and the guy who is starting for Prince: If Miles can stay healthy for once, he may help us. Same with Dez. They just gotta stay healthy. That is all.
- D Ware vs your Left Tackle: Your starting lt is out right? D Ware should abuse who ever blocks him. But when we play you guys he can never get a big game. It's frustrating. He gets 19.5 sacks a year but doesn't get them in the big games it seems. Always that is all folks. Thanks for your time. Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully no injuries.