Sunday night's New York Giants-Philadelphia Eagles showdown has thus far been a bruising, defensive content. At the half, the Giants trail, 7-3.
Neith team scored until late in the first half when Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick hit DeSean Jackson with a 19-yard touchdown pass with 1:53 left in the half.
The Giants responded by driving 81 yards in 10 plays for a 25-yard Lawrence Tynes field goal with 8 seconds left in the half.
Some halftime numbers:
- Eli Manning: 14-of-26, 151 yards
- Michael Vick: 11-of-19, 131 yards, 1 TD
- The Giants have 26 yards rushing, the Eagles have only 19.
- Victor Cruz: 6 catches, 56 yards.
- Domenik Hixon, 4 catches, 60 yards
The Giants are going to have to find a way to put together a couple of consistent drives. Either that, or create a defensive touchdown. This one is a slugfest. Did you really expect anything else?