Terrell Thomas speaks to reporters Wednesday at UAlbany. (Photo by Ryan Valentine/Big Blue View)
Terrell Thomas spoke to reporters today for the first time since injuring his knee early in New York Giants training camp. Thomas, who won't need surgery and will try to rehab the knee and return to the field this season, simply called the new issue with his surgically-repaired knee a "minor scare."
Thomas said he stayed positive and "kept my faith" while waiting for definitive word on whether he would need a third ACL operation.
"I never got mad. Last year I was mad," said Thomas. "Just frustrated. I prepared for this moment. I wanted to come to training camp and start playing football again.
"I thank God for giving me another opportunity and I'm happy to be back."
Thomas said he was optimistic while waiting for a final diagnosis because his knee did not swell. He said the simplest explanation is that he "aggravated" the ACL.
"An ACL is so simple, it's either working or it's not," Thomas said. "Mine is still working."
There is no timetable for a return to the field, according to Thomas.
"It's something that it could be three weeks, it could be eight weeks," Thomas said. "I'm not going to jeopardize my career.