Martinek worked exclusively at running back, and as the single back in two tight-end sets, during his reps on Saturday. Friday, the 5-foot-11, 224-pound back had spent some time at fullback.
"He's been pretty good the whole camp, very steady," said Giants coach Tom Coughlin. "Probably can play both spots. I think he has some position versatility."
Here are some other notes from the morning.
- Jayron Hosley, the third-round pick, was fine today after seeming to injure himself Friday. Hosley apparently suffered a cramp on Friday, nothing more serious.
- Rutgers grad Brandon Bing, a cornerback, made an excellent play on a long throw intended for Rueben Randle, slapping the ball away.
- Matt McCants, the sixth-round pick from UAB, lined up at left tackle throughout the morning. Fourth-round pick Brandon Mosley was being used at right tackle.
- Tight end Christian Hopkins, who spent last season on the Giants' practice squad, got some attention Saturday morning. Not, however, in a good way. After several offside infractions, Hopkins was screamed at by Giants tight ends coach Mike Pope.
- Undrafted free agent defensive end Adewale Ojomo, from Miami (Fl.) flashed into the backfield on a couple of plays, one run and one pass.
- Jamaal Jackson, the eight-year NFL veteran who was in camp on a tryout basis, has retired from the NFL.
- Markus Kuhn, the seventh-round draft pick from N.C. State, did not work out again Saturday due to a laceration on his leg.