The final four rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft will be held this afternoon. The New York Giants have four picks remaining. Those picks are as follows:
Round 4 (127th overall); Round 4 (131st overall, compensatory); Round 6 (201st overall); Round 7 (239th overall). The Giants traded their fifth-round selection to the Cincinnati Bengals for linebacker Keith Rivers.
Here are a couple of links to lists of 'best players available' as Day 3 of the marathon NFL Draft wraps up:
Looking at all three lists, here are some of the players who stick out to me.
- Bobby Massie, OT, Mississippi State -- This is a guy who some analysts had pegged as a first-round consideration for the Giants. Stunning to see him available as Day 3 begins.
- Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington -- A 6-foot-3, 330-pound run stopper who might really be a nose tackle.
- A trio of tight ends -- Orson Charles of Georgia, Ladarius Green of Louisiana-Lafayette and Evan Rodriguez of Temple.
- Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest -- This guy would be really high on my list for the Giants if they had not taken Rueben Randle in the second round. The Giants did show interest in Givens during the pre-draft process.
- George Iloka, S, Boise State -- Deon Grant is gone, and Iloka is a 6-foot-3, 216-pound player who could intrigue the Giants as that third "box" safety they like to employ.
- Defensive ends Jared Crick (Nebraska) and Cam Johnson (Virginia) -- Jerry Reese can't go an entire draft without snatching up one defensive end, can he?
- Ben Jones, C, Georgia -- A true backup for David Baas.
- Linebackers James-Michael Johnson (Nevada), Nigel Bradham (Florida State).
I am sure there are plenty of other intriguing players. Anyone you are particularly hoping the Giants select on Day 3?