Those of you who play fantasy football may be wondering about the expanded thursday schedule and its impact on fantasy football. Well, I am too. I, for one, dislike Thursday night football. Here are some things that may cause a negative effect for fantasy owners.
- Thursday night games shorten the week for players and fantasy players alike. Players have less time to game plan and less time to heal.
- Will the shortened week effect the overall play of Thursday games. For example less scoring for Thursday games compared to Sunday games.
- Fantasy players have less time to research and make a decision on who to play.
- Fantasy writers must now come out with updates much more frequently. If they dont, more pressure falls on the fantasy owner.
- Will NFL scheduling now have a bigger impact on a fantasy draft. For example, how much rest a team has between games, cross country travel and how a Thursday night game will fit into this.