The New York Giants visit the Dallas Cowboys today. Here is a complete preview.
The New York Giants have an opportunity to make Dallas Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones eat his words Sunday. More importantly, they have a chance to get to 6-2 at the season's halfway mark and enter the second half of the season with control of the NFC East.
Here is a breakdown of Sunday's game.
The Basic Stuff
What: Giants (5-2) at Cowboys (3-3)
When: Sunday, Oct. 28, 4:25 p.m. ET
Where: Cowboys Stadium
TV: FOX -- Thom Brennaman, Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver
Radio: Giants Radio Network (WFAN -- 660 AM)
Line: Giants -2
[Related: SB Nation game preview]
1. Eli Manning -- Giants vs. Cowboys always comes down to Manning vs. Tony Romo. Which guys makes the plays at the end?
2. Hakeem Nicks -- He says he is healthier than he has been all season. That could be bad news for Dallas.
3. Prince Amukamara -- He missed the first game with a high ankle sprain. The Giants' secondary is a much different place with Amukamara and Jayron Hosley playing instead of Michael Coe and Justin Tryon.
1. Tony Romo -- See what I said about Manning.
2. DeMarcus Ware -- The Giants' first priority on offense has always got to be to find, and control, Dallas's premier pass rusher.
3. Dan Connor -- He will be replacing the injured Sean Lee. How will the Cowboys' defense change as a result?
At 5-2, the Giants can hit the halfway point of the season with a clear lead in the NFC East with a victory on Sunday. A loss leaves the Giants at 5-3, and with the disadvantage of two losses to Dallas one to the Philadelphia Eagles already. The Giants are 3-0 at the JerryDome.
The Cowboys are a disappointing 3-3 after starting the season by defeating the Giants. They are without linebacker Sean Lee for the remainder of the season. During the offseason owner Jerry Jones promised fans of the Cowboys this is a game Dallas would win.
Mike Farley, Big Blue View -- Giants, 23-20
Jared Smith, SB Nation New York -- Giants, 35-30
"I remember that game [the season-opening loss] quite well. I don't need the film to remember those games. It just wasn't a good game. I think the first half we came out pretty good and the second half, we just stunk up the whole entire second half. So we definitely need to change as a defensive unit and we will."
-- Antrel Rolle
Kenny Phillips (knee) and Rocky Bernard (quad) were ruled out by the Giants on Saturday.
|Name||Position||Injury||Practice Status||Game Status|
|David Baas||C||Ankle||Limited Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Rocky Bernard||DT||Quadricep||Limited Participation in Practice||Out|
|Ahmad Bradshaw||RB||Foot||Did Not Participate In Practice||Questionable|
|Hakeem Nicks||WR||Knee||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Kenny Phillips||S||Knee||Limited Participation in Practice||Out|
|Jacquian Williams||LB||Knee||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|Ryan Cook||G||Hamstring||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Phil Costa||C||Ankle||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|Matt Johnson||S||Hamstring||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|Felix Jones||RB||Knee||Limited Participation in Practice||Questionable|
|Sean Lissemore||DT||Ankle||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|DeMarco Murray||RB||Foot||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|Anthony Spencer||LB||Shoulder||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|DeMarcus Ware||LB||Illness||Did Not Participate In Practice||Probable|