I don't know if you guys noticed but Eli has thrown for 196 passing TD so far in his career. Phil Simms scored 199 passing TD during his 15 seasons with the Giants.
We know that the Skins have a horrible secondary so there might be a chance that Eli breaks Simms' record for passing TDs if he manages to get 4 passes to the endzone. That would be huge for Manning. Doing this in front of the fans would be just great. Hopefully he does this at home because otherwise he would break the record against the Cowboys in Dallas. But the most amazing thing is that he managed to do that in 9 seasons.
It's safe to say that by the end of his career (assuming that he would play for 6-7 more years like he said) he would hold all the passing records of the franchise.
Here's a list of others franchise records that Eli could break or has already topped:
- Passing yards in one season: 4 933 yards in 2011 by Eli (beat Kerry Collins who threw for 4 073 yards in 2002)
- Passing TD in one season: 36 TD by YA Tittle in 1963 (Eli threw 31 TD in 2010, 3rd All Time)
Passing attempts in one season: 589 attemps in 2011 by Eli
- Passing completions in one season: 359 completions by Eli in 2011
- Passing yards all time record: 33 462 yards by Phil Simms in 15 seasons (Eli Manning threw for 29 351 yards in 9 seasons if Ei throws at least for 4 000 yards this season he should be over 31 600 yards by the end of the season so he should be able to break that record the following season)
- Passing attempts all time record: 4 647 by Phil Simms (Eli has 4 146 attemps so far and should throw around 300 passes by the end of the season but it won't be enough to pass the record this season anyway)
- Passing completions all time record: 2 576 completions by Phil Simms (Eli completed 2 434 passes so far and lately has completed about 350 passes per season. This season he has completed 143 passes so it's almost certain that he will pass that record this season)
So let's hope that we would have the opportunity to celebrate a win and a new record by Eli.