Trying to figure out which UFL team to adopt and root for this fall? You might be, considering the current labor situation in the NFL. So, I figured I would help you out a little and go through the rosters of each UFL team to see what players around the league have connections to the Giants.
Here's a quick look. If I missed anybody, please feel free to add them in the comments.
Las Vegas Locomotives
The Locomotives are, of course, coached by former Giants head coach Jim Fassel. Here are players with Giants connections he has on the Las Vegas roster.
- George Wrighster -- Veteran NFL tight end was iin mini-camp with the Giants in 2009 but was released on June 24, 2009.
- Ross Kolodziej -- A defensive tackle drafted by the Giants in the seventh round in 2001, when Fassel was head coach. Played for the Giants for two seasons.
- Jy Bond -- Australian kicker who spent time with the Giants last offseason. Was cut before training camp.
- Reuben Riley -- Offensive tackle who has been in at least one Giants training camp, if not more.
- Jonas Seawright -- Defensive tackle who played nine games for the Giants in 2006. Made all of one tackle.
- Sam Swank -- Another kicker signed and released by the Giants during the 2010 offseason.
- Orrin Thompson -- Offensive lineman cut by the Giants during 2009 training camp.
- Nick Greisen -- An outside linebacker who was with the Giants from 2002-2005 before moving on. He was last in the NFL during the 2010 preseason with the Denver Broncos.
- Lee Vickers -- A tight end who was in training camp with the Giants two seasons ago.
- Renaldo Wynn -- A 13-year NFL veteran who spent 2008 as a backup with the Giants.
Sacramento Mountain Lions
None that I recognize.
- Na'Shan Goddard -- Signed by the Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2006. Never appeared in a game with the team.
- Aaron Rouse -- Just signed with the Detroyers and has not even been added to their roster page yet. You remember Rouse, of course, as part of the horrid group of safeties the Giants had to use in 2009.
There you have it. Those are the names I could find. If I had to choose, I'm rooting for Fassel and the Locomotives.