I polled you guys on Wednesday to find out who you thought the New York Giants would take with the first pick. Boston College offensive tackle Anthony Castonzo was the winner, gathering 284 of the 953 votes cast, or 29 percent.
The voting broke down as follows:
- Castonzo -- 29 percent
- Mike Pouncey, G/C, Florida -- 27 percent
- Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA -- 11 percent
- Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado -- 10 percent
- Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama -- 8 percent
Here is my own personal top five, based on who I think could be available and who General Manager Jerry Reese might choose. These are not my personal favorites, rather the guys I am guessing Reese will favor.
- Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
- Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
- Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Castonzo, Smith, Ayers, Gabe Carimi and defensive ends Da'Quan Bowers and Adrian Clayborn might also be in the mix -- at least in my opinion. Which might not be worth a hill of beans. But, there it is.