This time of year, it's very easy to get wrapped up in what's going on with the Giants, but it's good to keep in mind that every team is also having their own injury scares, position battles, and breakout performances. Now that training camps have opened across the league, let's take a look at what some of our fellow SBN NFL blogs are talking about.
- One of the biggest stories of training camp so far this year has been the Albert Haynseworth saga going on at Redskins camp. For those of you unfamiliar, Big Al started complaining in the offseason that he wasn't happy with the way he was used last season, and didn't want to play in Mike Shanahan's 3-4 defense this year, so he sat out the whole offseason. When he finally showed up to camp, he failed the fitness test and wasn't allowed to participate, and has been unable to re-take the test due to a knee injury the past few days. According to Hogs Haven, Haynseworth is regressing. Good investment, Mr. Snyder...
- Bleeding Green Nation says that the Eagles will be sad to see Brett Favre retire (more on that later).
- Blogging the Boys breaks down what happens at a Cowboys practice session.
Rest of the NFL
- Like a tornado in Kansas, we knew the Brett Favre thing was coming eventually, but when it did it came quick and left a trail of destruction. The Daily Norseman writes about what we've learned from "Favregeddon" (what a great term, btw). They also broke down what Favre means for the Vikings playoff chances, and determined that they should be a playoff team with or without him. Somehow I have to think that even with all his drama, they'd still rather take their chances with him than Tarvaris Jackson.
- Canal Street Chronicles has shocking news: Jeremy Shockey is banged up again.
Field Gulls has a guide to wearing & caring for your football jerseys, which is applicable to all football fans.
Pride of Detroit passes along the news that first-round pick Ndamokung Suh arrived to camp in style and passed his conditioning test with flying colors. I have a feeling that Suh is going to be a dominant player for a long time.
- I bet you thought if I linked to Cincy Jungle, it would be something about the reality TV wet dream of TO and Ochocinco being on the same team, but it's not. It's about expectations for Carson Palmer for this season.
- Behind The Steel Curtain passes along news that Commissioner Goodell praised Ben Roethlisberger's actions so far during his suspension, and speculate that the suspension could be reduced to 4 games.
- Battle Red Blog has an open thread to discuss Andre Johnson signing the largest wide receiver contract in the NFL.
- Buffalo Rumblings looks back on the Bills career of recently released Aaron Schobel.
- The biggest story going on with our cross-town (cross-locker room?) neighbors, other than the city pre-emptively planning their pre-ordained Super Bowl Parade, is the Darrel Revis holdout. Gang Green Nation discusses whether giving Nick Mangold a contract could entice Revis back to camp.
- Mile High Report has thoughts on the loss of last seasons NFL sack leader Elvis Dumervil & the signing of RB LenDale White.
- Finally, The Falcoholic has a humorous "catch-up" with former Falcons QB Brett Favre. Apparently the Falcoholic is living in some kind of crazy, but awesome, alternate reality.