New York Giants Training Camp at the University at Albany continues with one practice this afternoon. Here are a few stories to tide you over until practice concludes.
- Be sure to check out SB Nation New York, which has stories about the FieldTurf and head coach Tom Coughlin's thinking when it comes to Monday's pre-season opener against the New York Jets.
- Guard Rich Seubert was back at practice Wednesday night in a limited capacity. Earlier in the day, Seubert admitted there was one disadvantage to playing with a cast on his left arm to protect the broken bone in his hand. "We don't hold, but we like to grab. Obviously with your whole hand in a cast it takes away from that," Seubert said.
- Linebackers coach Jim Hermann met with the media Wednesday and had a couple of interesting things to say.
On Mathias Kiwanuka at linebacker.
"We are trying to get the best 11 guys on the football field. Kiwi is very athletic, he can open his hips and he can move. He is very fluid."
On the development of second-year linebacker Clint Sintim.
"Clint, a year ago, played for the first time back off the ball and looking into the backfield to get keys and reads. It was foreign to him. I feel like so far this camp, that has improved every day ... He has done some good things back there."
- New quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan on working with Eli Manning.
"I think Eli's credentials, you know Super Bowl winner, Super Bowl MVP, Pro Bowl quarterback, and I think the big thing for him is trying to raise his game to the next level from a consistency standpoint," Sullivan said. "He's had some excellent performances and some performances in the past that were obviously below his standard and below the team standard and as I've said time and again, the joy of working with Eli Manning is that he is so committed to improvement in every small detail."
- NEW YORK GIANTS TALK: Don't forget to catch the latest edition of 'New York Giants Talk' tonight at 8 p.m. ET on Blog Talk Radio. Inside Football's Pat Traina and I will have lots of training camp news to catch up on. If you still have not heard last week's show (and if you haven't, what the heck have you been doing?) click the player below.
Around the Inter-Google
- Ralph Vacchiano had a revealing chat with a frustrated Kevin Boss, sitting out practice current with a hamstring pull. I don't like the sound of this quote from the Bossman. "Realistically I probably won't ever play completely healthy. That's something you just have to deal with. I'm just trying to get as healthy as I can right now before the season starts."
- Mike Garafolo says defensive end Justin Tuck is picking his spots during training camp.
- Brian Baldinger of the NFL Network offers an assessment of the Giants.