Everybody is a critic. And today everyone who has a forum is playing teacher, judge, jury -- whatever you want to call it -- and handing out draft grades or assessments.
You know I hate this rush to judgment, even if I did do a draft 'Kudos & Wet Willies' this morning. How does anybody know anything about how any of these players will turn out when none of them has even attended a rookie mini-camp? We can try to project, and assess what teams tried to do, but no one knows what anyone really accomplished.
With that said, let's look around the Inter-Google and see what others are saying about supposed winners and losers in the 2010 NFL Draft.
- SBNation.com is aggregating draft assessments from all 32 of our network's NFL sites. It was published before my 'Kudos & Wet Willies' post, but that's OK.
- SB Nation's Mocking the Draft looks at the team-by-team grades handed out by a handful of experts, and adds some thoughts of its own.
- Yahoo! Sports Shutdown Corner reviews the draft of each NFC East team.
- SI.com's Ross Tucker opines on what he thinks are the best and worst moves by each team. Some of you will agree with his assessment of the Giants, though I don't really care. The draft was defense-heavy, and that's what I was hoping to see.
- SI.com's Peter King loves the Giants selection of Phillip Dillard in the fourth round.
- Just for grins, I went back and looked at how CJ and I did in our mock drafts. I had five first-round picks correct, and CJ had three. Not that it means a thing, but I was curious.