A smile? On the face of Tom Coughlin? Wow! (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)
Two victories in a row over good football teams, pushing their record to 3-2, and the sun is shining again for the New York Giants and their fans (meaning US!!).
Scan through the comments of the earlier posts here today at Big Blue View, and you can see that the mood has brightened considerably from a couple of weeks ago.
Here are the top 5 signs from Big Blue View commenters that things are well in Giant land.
- You guys are reaching so much for stuff to nitpick or argue about that the height of Matt Dodge's punts is a major source of contention today. Not bad, if that's the biggest complaint.
- The Giants put up 34 points, racked up 414 total yards of offense, had 26 first downs to Houston's 11, held the ball for 38:51, averaged 5.6 yards per play, won a game handily and you guys are STILL complaining about offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride. I love you guys, I really do. But, c'mon now.
- No one has suggested that head coach Tom Coughlin has "lost" his team. Or brought up the dreaded "Bill Cowher should replace him" argument.
- Someone posted a photo of Reby Sky. We have seen it before, a bunch of times, but it never gets tough to look at.
- Even Cowboys fans have stopped by to congratulate us on how good the Giants look. And kvetch about their own 1-3 team. Ah, yes, a good day!