Another Wednesday has arrived, and it's time to take our weekly look at the stories making headlines around the NFL:
"He was a dear friend and a special person. Our prayers and thoughts go out to his wife Vicki and their family. Jim meant the world to me, both personally and professionally. I am very blessed to have had the privilege to work for him and with him. The NFL has lost a good man."
Steve Spagnuolo on the passing of Jim Johnson
- Brett Favre may have finally seen the writing on the wall, he is staying retired.
- The USA Today says Roger Goodell's hands are tied by players sins.
- Remember Jeff George? Well, at the age of 41, he is tanned, he is rested, and he is ready to make a comeback.
- Delaware's House Majority Leader says the NFL's suit to block gambling is hypocritical.
- Tony Dungy says Michael Vick is focused on putting his life back together.
- NBC Sports says "Mr. Irrelevant" might actually be relevant.
- Evvvvvvvverybody loves Tony, except Jessica probably.