Good Morning Giants fans, training camp draws ever closer, and it's time to take our weekly look at the stories making headlines around the NFL:
- A disturbing story out of Reno, NV: A woman is claiming that Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in a hotel room there last year.
- The Dolphins have added Marc Anthony to their ever-growing list of minority owners. I hear Kajagoogoo and Milli Vanilli are also interested. Did I just date myself? Yeah, I probably did.
- Clark Judge looks at some training camp battles for the NFC East.
- T.O. wants you to see the "real" Terrell Owens in his new reality show. Do you care? Does anyone? Honestly anyone who watches this show should be banished from football forever.
- The National Football Post has a great look at Steve Spagnuolo's first year as Rams coach
- Finally, Mike Florio from NBC Sports says plenty of teams should want Michael Vick, because only 13 teams have a QB better than him. (Thankfully he says the Giants are one of them, or I might have had to slap him) What I want to know is, how can you say a guy who hasn't played professional football in 2 years is still better than half the QB's in the league? And let's face it, we're not exactly talking about Joe Montana here to begin with. We're talking about a guy who had 2 seasons as an NFL QB that would qualify as decent. A better argument here might have been is he better than half the WR's in the league.
Have a great week everyone!