OK, OK, lest there be any confusion, it's me, your old pal jrs1940. Following the lead of the man who holds it all together for us here at Big Blue View, my guys and I over at Blueshirt Banter have changed our screen names to our real names. Now before we get to the Wednesday Walk, let me just tell you that I've heard all the jokes about my last name:
- "Jeez, can I buy a vowel?"
- "Boy your teachers must have hated you"
- "Good luck fitting that on the back of a jersey?"
- "Is that German?" (I love this one, I always reply "No its Japanese-Irish"
Tony Romo is FAT! Well not really fat, maybe pudgy? Portly? Chubby? Husky? Thick? Big-Boned? Rotund? OK, well maybe that is an exaggeration, but the Cowboys did tell him to get in shape, and as far as I am concerned, it serves that Fat Bastage right for ruining my girl. (see right)
- Once again the justice system has proven that if you have enough money, you can get yourself out of any trouble. Dante Stallworth was sentenced to THIRTY DAYS for DUI Manslaughter yesterday. He faced up to 15 years. After prison, he'll serve two years on house arrest, eight years on probation, and 1000 hours of community service. His driver's license will face permanent suspension. That's 30 days guys, not even the entire month of August. In some years, he could go to jail the day after Thanksgiving, and be home for Christmas. Once again makes me proud to live in South Florida.
- The NFL has extended the Rooney rule to include front office hirings.
- Is new Denver head coach Josh McDaniels alienating his star players? CBS Sports Mike Freeman thinks so.
- John Clayton at ESPN says Jake Delhomme still fits the Panthers mold.
- Ryan Leaf, fugitive at large.