Good Morning Giants fans, its Wednesday, so let's take a short break from the Mock Draft and look at the stories making headlines around the NFL:
And actually, before we start, two quick things on the BBV Mock Draft:
- Mel Kiper doesn't agree with anything any of us have said about anyone.
- The Jets want to hire all of us to run their draft next year.
Ok, now on to the headlines:
- In the USA Today, Skip Wood says that in this year's draft, NFL teams are under more pressure than ever to draft well, due to the current economic conditions.
- QB Jeff Garcia is returning to the Bay Area, this time as a backup for the Raiders.
- From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Mark Bradley says the Michael Vick hasn't shown any public remorse. I say that's because the only thing Michael Vick is sorry for is getting caught. As a dog owner and lover, this whole story still makes me sick. Not enough bad things can happen to Michael Vick to suit me. I still say his punishment should have been to dump a bowl of gravy over his head and let those dogs have a go at him for about a week
- The Bleacher Report asks: Does Robert Gallery deserve the bust label? I am so glad the Giants didn't draft him; I was carrying the banner pretty high for Gallery that year. Luckily I've improved my drafting skills over the years, and made the Chiefs proud of me.
- Not sure if they consulted ‘woogie' on this, but the Rams may be willing to deal the Number 2 pick on the draft.
- Michael Ventre says Matt Cassel is a victim of the Jay Cutler fiasco.
- For you Madden players, here is a look at the possible cover boy candidates for Madden 10.
Late Update: since we have the mock draft going on, we'll wait til next week for the next installment of "Great Moments at Giants Stadium"