Good Morning Giants fans, another Wednesday is upon us, and it's time to take a look at some of the stories making headlines around the NFL:
- Alex Marvez of Fox Sports asks: Does character really matter in the NFL?
- Word on the street is that ESPN may be courting the supposedly retired Brett Favre.
- Patriots coach Bill Belichick is missing his old buddies.
- One of the subjects we love to talk about is the 3-4 defense. The Sporting News talks about how finding players that fit the scheme is more art than science.
- Dan Pompei wonders where all the big NFL spenders have gone.
- Jim Vance over at Blogging the Boys takes a look at NFL Dynasties.
In case you haven't seen it, this is San Jose State Defensive Lineman Jarron Gilbert, and his amazing jump out of the shallow end of a pool onto the deck.
No "Final NFL Thoughts" this week, just not much going on. But I will leave you with a few Un-NFL thoughts:
- Ed is doing a great job over at Pinstripe Alley, make sure you go check it out, especially his Oddball Yankee team. I'm always encouraging Ed to walk on the lighter side; and it's nice to see him loosen his tie a little.
- The Rangers did the right thing in firing Tom Renney. It won't fix all their problems, but it was painfully obvious they had stopped playing for him. Still trying to figure out how Glen Sather got covered in Teflon though. How many GM's in sports get to hire 5 coaches?
- Raise your hand if you haven't signed a minor league deal to pitch for the Mets.