Here are a couple of notes from the NFL scouting combine about players who may interest our New York Giants.
- Maryland wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey may have jetted his way up draft boards Sunday by posting a 4.30 40-yard dash -- the second-fastest time by a receiver since 2000.
- Meanwhile, Hakeem Nicks, whom many of the current mock drafts have the Giants taking with the 29th pick, shut himself down with a strained hamstring Sunday. Heyward-Bey and Nicks may have just switched places.
- Kenny Britt, the local favorite from Rutgers, had an uneven performance Sunday.
- Here is an NFL.com video review of how the recievers performed at the combine Sunday.
- A defensive tackle from the obscure Stillman College -- a Division II school -- might be a guy to keep an eye on. NFL.com says Sammie Lee Hill (6-foot-3, 329 pounds) is getting attention and could be a mid-round selection. That sounds like the right area of the draft for the Giants to look for some defensive line help, and a big, athletic run-stuffer would be a nice fit.
- USC's trio of highly-touted linebackers are now competing against each other.
- Yahoo! Sports has a look at Sunday's winners and losers.