A few notes for your reading enjoyment today.
- ESPN's Matt Mosley breaks down the issues facing each NFC East team. Pretty simple, actually. for Mosley it is like this. Cowboys -- toxic locker room. Eagles -- Donovan McNabb. Giants -- Plaxico Burress. Redskins -- Jason Campbell. I'd say that is pretty much dead on.
- Here is a good breakdown of names to pay attention to at the upcoming NFL scouting combine.
- I hope Peter King has all of his Brett Favre-fawning out of his system now. Oh, and what makes King think it was OK for him -- a so-called journalist -- to interject himself into Favre's career plans?
- The National Football Post predicts that Derrick Ward isn't likely to find the big-money contract he is looking for this off-season.
- NFL.com says that five of the potential top 10 picks -- and as many as seven players who could be selected in the first round -- were New Jersey high school stars.
- Forget about Arizona linebacker Karlos Dansby being a Giant. Adam Schefter of NFL.com reports that the Cardinals will use the franchise tag on him.