I was still optimistic after the Saints loss where we had a total defensive collapse and chalked it up to a bad week - everyone has them
I continued to be optimistic after the Cardinal loss as our offense looked out of sync, but still had a chance despite playing horribly.
It is hard to remain optimistic after a third week in a row. I can't write it off anymore as just a bad game, our team has serious issues that need to be addressed:
Defensively, something HAS to be done.
1) I think giving Aaron Rouse more snaps with the first team in the middle of the week will prepare him better to jump in on Sunday and contribute more than he did yesterday. He covers better than he whose name we shall not speak of and can help more in the secondary.
Offensively, we need to shake things up a bit
3) Domenik Hixon is NOT a receiver, he is a return man. Look at the difference between Hixon letting Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie take the ball from him on the deep post and Hakeem Nicks going up and getting the ball when covered one on one -receivers go get the ball and return men let the ball come to them.
4) Regardless of the score we need to play our game. For two weeks we were screaming about how we got out of our game too quickly offensively - too much passing, not enough running, but towards the end of the third quarter we got just that - running ball controlled scroing that took time off the clock and everyone is in an uproar. If we took the field goal the previous possession instead of going for it on 4th and 8 we would have only been down 13 with a whole quarter to play. Kill clock and let the defense rest...that is how we can win games and come back in games.
5) Let's change our audibles and signals. Defenses have studied us and know what they are getting. Let's switch up the audible calling and signal calling and throw a few fake calls in there. Chris Collinsworth pointed out last week that when Eli Manning yells "Omaha" the real snap is coming. The Eagles listened as they were off the ball quicker than our O-Line on too many occassions. Next game yell "Omaha...hut, hut" and watch everyone jump off sides and get some free plays.
6) Lastly, Eli needs to see the field better. On more than one occassion over the last few weeks, receivers have been wide open, but he is zeroed in on the other side of the field and we aren't taking advantage of the opportunities that are there. He needs to go through his reads and throw it away if nothing is there.
This is a list of 5 things just off the top of my head that should be easy to fix (the exception being the injuries) and can hopefully make an impact. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results (mistakenly credited to Einstein, Mark Twain, and Benjamin Franklin, but actually written by Rita Mae Brown), if we don't change some things WITHOUT changing our fundamentals, I think the Giants will cause insanity for us all.
FanPosts are written by community members. This is simply a way for community members to express opinions too long to be contained in a comment.