Here are a few New York Giants' notes for a Wednesday morning.
- LIKE MIKE: Justin Tuck gives Michael Strahan much of the credit for Tuck's ascension to what he is today -- one of the best defensive ends in football.
- MEET THE NEW TIGHT END: Steve Smith is 5-foot-11, 195 pounds. Yet, he is doing a lot of the heavy lifting in catching the type of passes in the Giants' offense that used to go to that tight end who is now in New Orleans.
- FALL FROM GLORY: Ex-Giant Mark Ingram was sentenced Tuesday to 7 years in prison after being convicted on bank fraud and money laundering charges. Ingram was a hero of the Giants' 1991 Super Bowl victory over Buffalo.
- G-POPE IS A BENGAL: Cincinnati has signed former Giants cornerback Geoffrey Pope.
- BE WARE: Here is an entertaining Q&A with Giants' backup running back Danny Ware.
POWER RANKINGS: I don't put much stock in power rankings and I hope you don't, either. But, they do create fun arguments. NFL.com has the Giants No. 2 this week behind Dallas. ESPN has the Giants No. 3, but couldn't resist a tiny jab. " The Giants summarily dismissed the Rams, but that's not saying much. The Giants have found success in the post-Umenyiora era."
CAPTION CONTEST: Get your entries in for Week 2 of our Caption Contest by tonight. The winner will be announced either Thursday or Friday.