OK, we had our fun Friday at the expense of the New York Jets. Today, it's back to the business of discussing what is going on around our New York Giants.
- Lawrence Tynes had exploratory surgery on his injured knee Friday, and no structural damage was found. That means Tynes could be back kicking with the Giants at some point this season, and that is good news considering the alternatives -- Jay Feely, Mike Vanderjagt, Billy Cundiff, etc. Personally, I think Josh Huston can hold down the job until Tynes returns.
- Giants' linebacker Antonio Pierce figures Brett Favre might be suprised by how he is treated by Jets fans if he struggles.
"The crowd can be in frenzy all it wants. But if Favre starts off 0-2 and throws a few interceptions, they’ll give up on him in New York real quick. And I think everyone knows what I’m talking about." Pierce was referring to the Giants’ 0-2 start last year when everyone was on the defense after it allowed 80 points in two games, including 35 to Favre and the Packers in the second week.
- Gerris Wilkinson seems unlikely to start, but he will probably see a decent amount of action since he has been working at all three linebacker spots.
- Did veteran Amani Toomer take a shot at rookie wide receiver Mario Manningham the other day? He told reporters "You can’t make somebody do something they don’t want to do … everybody has to find their own way." Sounds like a swipe at somebody.
- The Open Thread for tonight's game will be up this afternoon. There is a possibility I won't see the game. If that's the case I will just post an open thread Sunday and you guys can discuss your own 'Kudos & Wet Willies.'