Our man 'jrs' is working on the history of the Giants coaching tree. Soon, he will be giving you an in-depth look at every coach the Giants have ever had. I am looking forward to what we can all learn from that.
I want to vote on the coach for our Big Blue View All-Time Giants Team next. To get that going, here is the short version.
The candidates are below, with a quick bio. We will be getting more detail from 'jrs,' on these guys, but this will get the voting started.
- Steve Owen -- Coached the Giants from 1931-53. Won NFL titles in 1934 and 1938, and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1966. A 151-100-17 overall record.
- Jim Lee Howell -- Succeeded Owen and coached from 1954-60. A 53-37-4 overall record and an NFL title in 1956.
- Allie Sherman -- Coached from 1961-68, and was a two-time Coach of the Year. A 57-51-4 record, but probably gets demerits for coaching at the beginning of the 'Wilderness Years.'
- Bill Parcells -- Two-time Super Bowl winner (1986, 1990) and was the coach who brought the Giants back into prominence. We all know Parcells history, and I think he's the odds-on favorite to win here. A 77-49-1 overall record with the Giants.
- Jim Fassel -- Gentleman Jim was 58-53-1 from 1997-2003. One Super Bowl appearance and one Coach of the Year honor. He was borderline to make this list, but I think he did enough to make it.
- Tom Coughlin -- Coughlin's story is yet to be fully written, but he is en route to going down as one of the best Giants coaches ever. A Super Bowl title, three playoff appearances and a 35-29 record in his four seasons.
As always, vote in the poll. You have until Thursday night. Oh, and check in for 'jrs' look at all 17 Giants coaches.
Who should coach our Big Blue View All-Time Giants Team?
Steve Owen (18 votes)
Jim Lee Howell (1 vote)
Allie Sherman (3 votes)
Bill Parcells (82 votes)
Jim Fassel (1 vote)
Tom Coughlin (14 votes)
119 total votes