Hello Giants fans and Big Blue View! Jaxon here with Cat Scratch Reader, SBN's blog dedicated to everything Carolina Panthers. I would have never guessed at the beginning of the season this game would have be as big as it has turned out. We have nothing short of the #1 seed in the NFC on the line and we all know how important the home field can be, though the Giants didn't need it last season (So feel free to rest your starters!). The Giants SB run from last year is something Panther fans would love to see repeated...by the Panthers of course.
So I'm here to answer any questions you may have about the Panthers and their match-up Sunday night with your Giants. Let me head off a few questions I think I can anticipate:
- The Panthers have remained fairly injury free the last few games until this last game against the Broncos. It looks like DT Maake Kemoeatu is questionable at best since he's on crutches today from an ankle injury. No official word on that until tomorrow. RG Keydrick Vincent also left the Broncos game with an ankle injury and didn't return. Otherwise we've had a couple back-ups miss some time but thats it
- The Steve smith - Ken Lucas ordeal is a dead issue. It has actually had more of a postive affect on the team than negative (believe it or not)
- QB Jake Delhomme's elbow is fine with no lingering affects from his Tommy John surgery
- WR Steve Smith has been unstoppable. He is obviously a key assignment for the Giants defense
- The Double Trouble RB duo of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart has been very effective of late. I think Williams deserves a Pro Bowl slot given is 1,200 yards rushing and 15 TD's on the season
- DE Julius Peppers has returned to form and posted 12.5 sacks on the season, 1/2 sack ahead of your own stud Justin Tuck
Any questions? I'll do my best to answer them objectively and call it like I see it.