Good Morning Giants fans, it's that time again, and there are some great stories making headlines around the NFL, so let's get to it!
- Considering the Eagles haven't won an NFL Championship since Moses wore short pants, should their GM really be taking shots at the Cowboys?
- We all heard the story that Jay Glazer told on Fox NFL Sunday about Brett Favre possibly giving away Packer secrets to the Lions before their game with Green Bay Week 2. Mike Vandermause of the Green Bay Gazette has a take on it that has enough sarcasm in it to fill Lambeau Field. I don't see any of those "heroes welcomes" for Brett at the airport in Green Bay anytime soon, and don't be surprised if a street gets renamed in Green Bay sometime soon.
- What is it with University of Miami Tight Ends? Are they all malcontents? Kellen Winslow has been suspended by the Browns for critical comments about the team.
- Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is in trouble again.
- The Sporting News has some theories on why Jerry Jones won't fire Wade Phillips.
- Apparently, Jet fans aren't letting years of mediocrity stop them from spending gobs of money on PSL's.
- Upon the Niners firing Mike Nolan and hiring Mike Singletary, the Santa Rosa Press Democrat says the 49ers have no clue what they are doing.
- This is one of the few times you will ever see a reference to the Wall Street Journal on Big Blue View, let's face it, we are much more of a "Mad Magazine and Maxim" group, but the WSJ says the Giants-Steelers game may be a Super Bowl Preview.
UPDATE: 8:52 AM: Cowboys celebrity QB Tony Romo has announced he will not start on Sunday against Tampa, and may be out another month.
One final non-football thought from me:
Rays in 6