Happy Wednesday and Happy October, Giants fans, it is time for us to take our weekly walk around the NFL. Here are some of the stories making headlines around the NFL.
- Al Davis has fired Lane Kiffin as head coach of the Raiders, for real this time. After numerous reports last week that it was going to happen, it finally went down yesterday. Offensive line coach Tom Cable drew the short straw, and was named interim head coach.
- From Fan IQ, Davis accused Kiffin of Lying And Using Propaganda. And you gotta love that picture.
- FanHouse has video of the Al Davis press conference.
- We all love these, especially this week. After scouring the Web, I can tell you that your New York Football Giants are at the top of every power ranking I found. Here are Pete Prisco's rankings on CBS Sportsline.
- Ed is going to hate this, but the Shutdown Corner brings us the absurdly premature playoff picture.
- Dolphins RB Ricky Williams says he resisted the urge to smoke pot on the bye week. For the record, so did I.
- Finally, the Dallas Cowboys Examiner whines about the supposed lack of class the Redskins showed by celebrating on the Dallas star.
Yes, you read that right, a Dallas Cowboy fan is complaining about a "lack of class". A fan of the team that brought you Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin is complaining about a "lack of class".
A fan of the team that Emmitt Smith played for, the man who forced the league to make a rule about removing your helmet in celebration because he was constantly strutting around without it, is complaining about a "lack of class".
A fan of the team that employs Terrell Owens and Pacman Jones, is whining about a "lack of class". It always amazes me how many whiny cards Dallas Cowboy fans will play when their team loses. He even mentions how T.O. celebrated on the star as a 49er, but I guess that was OK because now he is one of them.